Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) is not a new idea by any means. For decades, large-copier companies have offered businesses the option to ‘lease’ their copier and bundle-in services for an annual fee that would include some maintenance and care for the hardware during the term of the lease. For whatever the reason, it has only been more recently that businesses have seen the benefit to a similar arrangement for their servers, workstations, and other devices.
BHC-Trusted IT currently offers Hardware-as-a-Service bundled with our Managed Service offering as a method for a business to obtain either an entry-level server (1 or 2 virtual machine load), a mid-class level server (3-5 virtual machine load), or our 3CX phone system solutions. The benefit that our HaaS customers realize by opting for this method are as follows:
- Lower Upfront Capital Expense – You will essentially avoid the majority of the upfront purchase cost of the server. Over time, you will pay more in total, but that additional investment will be used by us to provide the next generation device when the original device’s lifecycle reaches end-of-life.
- Always Up-to-Date Hardware and OS – As a matter of practice, each device has a rough lifecycle period assigned to it. As that end-of-life approaches, an equivalent or better ‘current-technology’ replacement device is obtained and deployed. Then the original device is re-purposed by us or recycled.
- On-going Maintenance and Support Included – Since we bundle the HaaS solutions with our Managed Service support, you can rest assured that your servers are updated, secured, and maintained at all times.
- Scalable – Once a device is deployed we monitor the load that you put on it to confirm it is performing well and is right-size for your need. If your business outgrows the initial server design, we will upgrade existing device or deploy additional units to share the load, or in some cases down-size the device to better meet your business need. Some of these options may have additional costs involved, but the options are available nonetheless.
- Lifecycle Warranty – All HaaS solutions are fully hardware-warranty protected during the lifecycle of the device. So if a HaaS experiences a hardware failure, we will repair it, including parts, without additional cost.
If you think Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) might be a good choice for you, feel free to reach out to us and we can put together a solution for your business.