The following is a list of resources you may find beneficial with your business development and growth. We welcome your feedback regarding your positive or negative experience with their services. We are in no way liable for the use of or damages incurred through the use of these services. We are merely providing this list for informational purposes only.
Accounting and Financial
- Quickbooks – Accounting software package from Intuit. This has become the typical accounting software used by most small businesses. Unless you have a industry-specific solution that will bring your business some key benefits, this is probably the best place to start out. Most CPAs can help customize and interact with data files for tax and audit purposes. There are other options out there, but this is the best place to start out in our opinion.
- Kentucky Society of Certified Public Accountants – Louisville, KY based agency that helps connect businesses with the right CPA. As your business grows, you are best served to have a CPA guide you with tax decisions and financial planning for the business.
Business Planning and Development
- E-Myth Worldwide – Michael Gerber and the highly recommended book, “The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to do about it“. This book will help open your eyes toward growth and guide good business decisions early on in a business’s development.
- US Department of Labor Posters – Use this link as a source to obtain FREE posters for break room, or other locations within a business to meet requirements regarding labor poster displays.
- The Christian Advantage – Business and life mentorship, coaching, and support organization
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) – Kentucky District Office of the US SBA – Good resource for business development and planning assistance both federal and local
- KY Small Business Development Center – Good resource for free business development and planning assistance and resources – Local office in Louisville
- SCORE – Louisville office of SCORE – Business advisors, counselors, and sounding board. Made up of volunteer business owners of successful businesses in many different industries, offering training workshops and one-to-one assistance
- US Dept of Health and Human Services – The resource for HIPPA and HITECH regulation information and information breech response processes and guidance.
- Dell – Report a Stolen System – Use this link to report a stolen laptop, or other Dell system. You will need police report information and specifics related to the theft. This will prevent the system from being supported by Dell.
- Cristina Foundation – The National Cristina Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation dedicated to the support of training through donated technology.
- GiveCamp.org – Organizing body for weekend-long camps where technology and developer professionals can donate their time to help a worthy charity.
- Tech Soup – Supplier of software and hardware to non-profit organizations for greatly reduced cost by collecting large donations from manufacturers and charging for their administration and distribution costs only.
Inventory and Flow Tools
- Bar Code Creator – Use this site to create bar code images for simple download and use for your needs. Great when you just need a handful of bar codes generated.
This list is under continual development. If you find one of these links to be inactive or if you have a recommendation for a service that helped your business, please contact us and let us know.